- ISBN 9781426206481 / 1426206488
- Title Dog Tips from Dogtown: A Relationship Manual for You and Your Dog
- Author Best Friends Animal Society and Michael S. Sweeney
- Category Dogs As Pets
- Format Hardcover
- Year 2010
- Pages 256
- Publisher National Geographic Society
- Language English
- Dimensions 154mm x 23mm x 244mm
Relying on the unparalleled expertise of the trainers at the Best Friends Animal Society, this manual shows, with step-by-step illustrations, how to apply the power of positive reinforcement to train a pet.
A Relationship Manual for Your Dog.
Best Friends Animal Society is a non-profit tax-exempt charity that provides sanctuary to between 1,500 and 2,000 animals. The organization was the brainchild of Michael Mountain, who sought to create a no-kill facility for rescued animals. The pilot program expanded and Best Friends was established in the early 1980s. They have great success in rescuing and rehabilitating animals and finding homes for them. The sanctuary is located at Angel Canyon in Southern Utah, a 33,000-acre ranch at the heart of the famous Golden Circle of national parks, close to Zion National Park, the Grand Canyon's N