Dr. Northrup shows women how to make menopause a time of personal empowermentand positive energy—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind andbody than ever before.
Through her bestselling books, groundbreaking PBS specials, and up-to-the-minute clinical knowledge, Dr. Christiane Northrup
has earned a place as one of America's most trusted medical advisors.
In The Wisdom of Menopause, she once again challenges convention with this inspiring look at one of the most commonly misunderstood female health issues. The “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” Dr. Northrup claims, but a mind/body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now-from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet-have the power to secure her health and well-being for the rest of her life. Through her personal story and many fascinating case histories, Dr. Northrup shows:
- How menopause jump-starts changes in the brain, issuing a dramatic wake-up call to body, mind, and emotions
- How to ensure the long-term health of breasts, bones, and heart
- How the body adjusts naturally to changing hormones
- Why bestselling drugs like Premarin may not be the best choice
- How to deal with metabolism shifts, weight gain, sexual problems, and appearance issues
- How to negotiate the challenges of “the empty nest” and midlife marriage
And much more.
In a book destined to be a classic, Dr. Northrup shows women how they can make menopause a time of personal empowerment and positive energy-emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.
Obstetrician and Gynecologist Christiane Northrup
is a foremost advocate of women's health and wellness. She received her medical degree form Dartmouth Medical School and went on to complete her residency at Tufts New England Medical Center Affiliated Hospitals, where she received a Teacher of the Year Award at Tufts Medical School. Dr. Northrup wrote Womens' Bodies, Women's Wisdom, a book that combined holistic health with conventional medicine for optimal well being.