Ever wished your iPad was more 19th century?
• Read the article that spawned the controversy…
• Brett Easton Ellis talks about his upcoming sequel to Less Than Zero: “I did not want to write a sequel to Less Than Zero.”
• Justin Cronin talks about his upcoming novel, The Passage, a “manly man’s monster novel” which is currently being hailed as the book of the year.
• How about a list of the top fifty book covers of last year?
• What with kid’s books these days? Why, back in my day, I was lucky if I even got a book. Instead, I used to walk a hundred miles to school. Every day. For fun. If I recall correctly, it was also uphill both ways.
• Just how much fish did Ernest Hemingway eat?
• A cake appears on John Scalzi’s doorstep…
• The most ‘looked-up’ words of the year, courtesy of the NYT. I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: ‘inchoate’ is an archaicism. So stop using the word, NYT, and people won’t have to look it up. Thanks.
• Which ‘easygoing’ celebrity, according to a new bio, “watched the private executions of three men who’d tried to assassinate him shortly before his 1976 Smile Jamaica concert?” I’ll give you a hint: it rhymes with ‘Mob Barley’.